Carpet, area rug and upholstery cleaning in Trabuco Canyon is considered an integral part of a whole cleaning process of a home. Many homeowners not fully aware about the importance of a proper and regular cleaning these items and the many negative consequences of not keeping them clean from bacteria and germs.
Regular carpet cleaning will ensure the safety of your family from germs and allergies. It will help make the interior environment fresh and safe to live in. Moreover, upholstery cleaning can also increase the life of your furniture and make them look like brand new for many years. You can choose to do your area rug cleaning by yourself but risk damaging the rug. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to contact and hire professional carpet cleaning in Trabuco Canyon that is reliable.
Advantages of Professional Carpet Cleaning ServicesYou want your furniture to look fresh and clean. You have invested money and time into your sofa, love seat, and chairs. More importantly, your furniture creates the first impression your guests see when they enter your home. To protect your furniture from becoming dingy, you will want to maintain the fabric with regular cleaning. In addition, a spill on your furniture requires immediate upholstery cleaning to avoid setting stains. While home remedies may work in some cases, professional upholstery cleaning will usually produce the best results. Carpet cleaning companies offer quality upholstery cleaning service. Routine Upholstery Cleaning Dirt and dust can collect on the fabric of your upholstery. In addition to making your furniture look dingy, dirt and dust can cause stains if it becomes wet. Be sure to vacuum your upholstery weekly, working in short left to right strokes to prevent dust from settling into the fabric. To get in the cracks and crevices of your furniture, use an upholstery attachment. To get into button tufting and other tight spaces, blast away dust with a can of compressed air. If you have pets, be sure to remove as much hair as possible. A vacuum may not be sufficient for pet hair, and you may need to find an effective pet hair remover designed for upholstery cleaning. Emergency Upholstery Cleaning Spills are the most common source of upholstery stains. When a spill happens, time is of the essence. You don't want to let the spill soak into the fabric, furniture stuffing, or wood. Here are a few tips to keep in mind for emergency upholstery cleaning. First get a white cloth and blot the spill. Never scrub or rub it as this can set the stain. Try to keep the spill from spreading into a larger area. Next, add a little mild dish soap to water. After testing it on an inconspicuous spot of the fabric, blot the solution onto the spill, using only enough to just cover it. Let the spot dry completely. If the fabric has a high pile, brush the fibers in the correct direction. Tip: If you have spilled grease on your furniture, sprinkle a little cornstarch on the spill and let it sit for 30 minutes. When it has absorbed the oil, vacuum it up. Stains If your upholstery has stains, there are a few steps you can try before a professional upholstering cleaning. First vacuum the stained area thoroughly to try to fade the stain. Next check your upholstery's cleaning instructions to determine whether you can clean with water or must use other cleaners like vinegar or chemical solvents. Many pieces of furniture may not have instructions, especially if they are vintage or antique. In this case, test the cleaner on a hidden spot of fabric. If your upholstery can be cleaned with water, use a little steam to loosen the stain and make it easier to treat. The steam button on an iron can work for this in a small area. Dip a sponge in a mild dish soap and water solution, wring out the sponge, and blot the stain. Do not rub as this can weaken or pill your fabric. Press it dry with a clean cloth. If water can't be used, try a little vinegar or vodka on a cloth. When the area is dry, the smell will disappear. If these steps don't work, you can turn to one of the many upholstery cleaning products commercially available. Professional Upholstery Cleaning If this sounds too complicated, or you have tried it unsuccessfully, you may prefer to contact a professional carpet cleaning company to handle your upholstery cleaning. Your furniture is an investment, and a professional upholstery cleaning will give you the best results. While you might save a little money trying to clean stains yourself, there is no substitute for the experience of a quality carpet cleaning service. Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Rob_Bowditch/1390923 Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9523017
Carpet Cleaning Cost - How Much?
Believe it or not Scotchgard (Tephlon, Maxim, or whatever brand you prefer) is not just some stuff that your carpet cleaning company's technician spays on your carpet just to make more money off of you. Read on to learn the benefits of Scotchgard along with an easy way to make sure you are getting what you are paying for.
- Scotchgard is a fluorochemical that protects your carpet and upholstery from both spills and dirt. It provides a protective coating on your carpets and upholstery like an invisible shield. Most people on realize the benefits of carpet protector in the case of spills. We have all seen the commercials of the man driving while drinking coffee. He accidentally spills some coffee on his pants only for the spill to almost magically bead off to the side, not penetrating the fabric. The same is of course true with protector for your carpets. If you spill coffee, juice, soda, wine, etc. on your carpets the spill will bead up on the surface and not soak itself into your carpets. Simple take a paper towel and soak up the spill.
- Be sure when hiring your next carpet cleaning company to ask if the technician applying the protector is a certified Scotchgard applicator. Also ask to see the actual chemical. Although it is diluted 1:4 with water, the undiluted chemical should look a little like milk. If it looks like water, that is probably what you are getting; so buyer beware.
Carpet Cleaning Company
When using adhesive surface protection products on a job site there is always a small risk of adhesive transfer. Improper installation, high temperatures, high traffic, and surpassing the recommended 'remove by' date can all result in problems with carpet masks and films. Following are a few recommendations to avoid any adhesive transfer.
- Always follow the manufacturer's recommendations when using carpet films. Carpet film usage ratings range from 30 to 60 days. Leaving the film on carpets past the recommended usage rating invalidates all manufacturers' warranty.
- Use films made in the USA for the best warranty protection and highest quality.
- Carpet films use either water based or solvent based adhesives. Water based adhesives are easier to remove if a problem occurs.
- Never install adhesive carpet protection on wet or damp carpet.
- Never install adhesive carpet protection over glue down carpet for a minimum of 72 hours to allow the glue to "breathe".
- If carpet has been installed over a newly poured cement slab that is not fully cured, avoid using adhesive carpet protection as it can trap the cement moisture and discolor the carpet.
- In cases of extreme heat, shorten the recommended time of application by 50%.
- As stated on the installation instructions of every film manufacturer, there is no warranty offered for application on wool carpets.
Discoloration of carpet is caused by the trapping of moisture under the film and the subsequent reaction of the moisture and the chemicals in the plastic film. Unfortunately this situation can only be remedied by removal of the affected area of carpet. This situation occurs most commonly in cases where users have carpeted over slabs that were not fully cured.
Adhesive carpet films are a great time saving surface protection product when used correctly. Users choosing high quality, USA made products and following the manufacturers' recommendations fully should never encounter a problem.