Carpet, area rug and upholstery cleaning in Banning is considered an integral part of a whole cleaning process of a home. Many homeowners not fully aware about the importance of a proper and regular cleaning these items and the many negative consequences of not keeping them clean from bacteria and germs.
Regular carpet cleaning will ensure the safety of your family from germs and allergies. It will help make the interior environment fresh and safe to live in. Moreover, upholstery cleaning can also increase the life of your furniture and make them look like brand new for many years. You can choose to do your area rug cleaning by yourself but risk damaging the rug. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to contact and hire professional carpet cleaning in Banning that is reliable.
Carpet Cleaning - Find The Best Cleaning Company
Believe it or not Scotchgard (Tephlon, Maxim, or whatever brand you prefer) is not just some stuff that your carpet cleaning company's technician spays on your carpet just to make more money off of you. Read on to learn the benefits of Scotchgard along with an easy way to make sure you are getting what you are paying for.
- Scotchgard is a fluorochemical that protects your carpet and upholstery from both spills and dirt. It provides a protective coating on your carpets and upholstery like an invisible shield. Most people on realize the benefits of carpet protector in the case of spills. We have all seen the commercials of the man driving while drinking coffee. He accidentally spills some coffee on his pants only for the spill to almost magically bead off to the side, not penetrating the fabric. The same is of course true with protector for your carpets. If you spill coffee, juice, soda, wine, etc. on your carpets the spill will bead up on the surface and not soak itself into your carpets. Simple take a paper towel and soak up the spill.
- Be sure when hiring your next carpet cleaning company to ask if the technician applying the protector is a certified Scotchgard applicator. Also ask to see the actual chemical. Although it is diluted 1:4 with water, the undiluted chemical should look a little like milk. If it looks like water, that is probably what you are getting; so buyer beware.
Carpet Cleaning - Dry Vs Steam
The Truck/Van mounted form of Carpet Steam Cleaning - Hot Water Extraction or HWE is recommended by most carpet manufacturers, but does it have the recommendation of the Environment. The main reasons for concern regarding Truck Mounts are their contribution toward air pollution, water pollution and noise pollution.
The Basics The basic design of a Truck Mount Carpet Cleaning System is a presser sprayer, a vacuum extraction unit, a fresh water tank and a waste water tank. The concept is to spray a mixture of detergent and water into to the carpet fibers under high pressure, to flush out the dirt. The water, detergent and dirt are then vacuumed or extracted immediately. This is accomplished by using a wand, a device that combines both procedures. The extraction is continuous and the high flow sprayer is controlled by a trigger on the wand and that flow is metered by the Carpet Cleaning technician.
Air Pollution The Carpet Cleaning components of the Truck Mount are powered by the trucks engine or by a separate slide-in engine, as with all combustible engines, these units emit poisonous gases a by product of use. The emission of fuses is continuous throughout the carpet cleaning process. An average sized room will take 15 to 20 minutes to clean, so then a three bedroom home with two living areas, will take approximately one hour total cleaning time. When one considers the millions of rooms of carpeting in office buildings, apartment complexes, schools and residential housing, the potential amount of air pollution from Truck Mounted cleaning is enormous.
- For every second of the cleaning process poisonous fumes are released into the atmosphere.
- 20 times the amount of water is used compared to other carpet cleaning methods
- Waste water is many times disposed of improperly and allowed to potentially enter drinking water sources
- A single Truck Mount Unit can produce the same noise of simultaneously running 5 to 6 lawn mowers
Carpet Cleaning can be green through education and effort. To sustain the warranty, the manufacturer recommended HWE method and the 18 to 24 months cleaning interval can be fulfilled with portable units. These units are powered by renewable energy and use far less water. When subsequent cleaning is needed prior to the recommended interval, Low Moisture Cleaning Methods can be used. The results being warranty compliance, clean carpet and a clean environment.
Dirty Air + More water + Excess Noise = Cannot equal green.
Carpet protectant is extremely important for your carpet, but when talking with most people, I find out that they don't know exactly what it is or what it does. In my years of cleaning, I've met people with almost brand new carpet ask to have carpet protectant applied, and I've also met people who need their carpets cleaned every six months (*raises his hand*) who don't think they have a need for carpet protectant. Both cases were wrong.
Carpet protectant has many names, most of which are brands that you may or may not have heard of. 3M's Scotchgard, DuPont's Teflon, or what ever other name used, normally have the word "protectant" in the name by other manufactures. They all do pretty much the same thing, repel water and resist soiling. Protectant has some great benefits when used as it is designed.
Why every 2 years when new carpet can last up to 5 years or beyond? Think of it as a booster, not the full treatment. The carpet manufacturer is capable of treating the fibers specifically, but carpet cleaning specialists can only topically treat the whole carpet.