Carpet, area rug and upholstery cleaning in Whitewater is considered an integral part of a whole cleaning process of a home. Many homeowners not fully aware about the importance of a proper and regular cleaning these items and the many negative consequences of not keeping them clean from bacteria and germs.
Regular carpet cleaning will ensure the safety of your family from germs and allergies. It will help make the interior environment fresh and safe to live in. Moreover, upholstery cleaning can also increase the life of your furniture and make them look like brand new for many years. You can choose to do your area rug cleaning by yourself but risk damaging the rug. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to contact and hire professional carpet cleaning in Whitewater that is reliable.
Carpet Cleaning Cost - How Much?
The Truck/Van mounted form of Carpet Steam Cleaning - Hot Water Extraction or HWE is recommended by most carpet manufacturers, but does it have the recommendation of the Environment. The main reasons for concern regarding Truck Mounts are their contribution toward air pollution, water pollution and noise pollution.
The Basics The basic design of a Truck Mount Carpet Cleaning System is a presser sprayer, a vacuum extraction unit, a fresh water tank and a waste water tank. The concept is to spray a mixture of detergent and water into to the carpet fibers under high pressure, to flush out the dirt. The water, detergent and dirt are then vacuumed or extracted immediately. This is accomplished by using a wand, a device that combines both procedures. The extraction is continuous and the high flow sprayer is controlled by a trigger on the wand and that flow is metered by the Carpet Cleaning technician.
Air Pollution The Carpet Cleaning components of the Truck Mount are powered by the trucks engine or by a separate slide-in engine, as with all combustible engines, these units emit poisonous gases a by product of use. The emission of fuses is continuous throughout the carpet cleaning process. An average sized room will take 15 to 20 minutes to clean, so then a three bedroom home with two living areas, will take approximately one hour total cleaning time. When one considers the millions of rooms of carpeting in office buildings, apartment complexes, schools and residential housing, the potential amount of air pollution from Truck Mounted cleaning is enormous.
- For every second of the cleaning process poisonous fumes are released into the atmosphere.
- 20 times the amount of water is used compared to other carpet cleaning methods
- Waste water is many times disposed of improperly and allowed to potentially enter drinking water sources
- A single Truck Mount Unit can produce the same noise of simultaneously running 5 to 6 lawn mowers
Carpet Cleaning can be green through education and effort. To sustain the warranty, the manufacturer recommended HWE method and the 18 to 24 months cleaning interval can be fulfilled with portable units. These units are powered by renewable energy and use far less water. When subsequent cleaning is needed prior to the recommended interval, Low Moisture Cleaning Methods can be used. The results being warranty compliance, clean carpet and a clean environment.
Dirty Air + More water + Excess Noise = Cannot equal green.
What is Carpet Steam Cleaning
Dealing with carpet stains needs proper care and concern. Stains may be created due to the different factors like wax, blood, vomit, food, ink, etc. Different types of stains require special care in the cleaning process. This article will give you an idea of dealing with various types of stains on the carpets.
1. Spot clean the spills when it happens. Clean the solid matters. Then use a white paper or cloth to blot the spills thoroughly. Cover the area of the spill by using a thick cloth and leave it for one night. This will avoid spreading of stains to other areas of carpet. It also prevents reappearance of stains.
2. Mild soap, club soda and vinegar works well on stains. It is found that shaving cream can do wonders in stain removal. Just apply its one drop on the stain, and see what is happening. But do not try to soak carpet in to the shaving cream solutions.
8. Nail polish may stick on the carpet often. Nail polish remover will work in this case. Take some white paper and spill some remover on it. Gently rub the stain area with the paper. Blot the excess solution and wash it with water. Allow to dry the carpet without using any moisture.
9. Removing gum from the carpet is a challenging task. WD-40 can be used to remove the gum.
10. Stain of lipstick can be wiped out by applying Vaseline (petroleum jelly).
11. Alcohol is an excellent remover of the pet stains.
12. Sodium Thiosulfate (photographic fixer) can be used against bleach stains.
13. Apply ice cubes for removing chewing gum
14. Dry cleaning is a good solution for strong stains. But due to the heavy use of chemicals, it may damage the carpet.
Carpet Cleaning - Preventive Maintenance
As a certified, Omaha Carpet Cleaner we strongly recommend the periodic application of carpet protectors. Most carpets these days come from the mill with some stain protection built it. The stain protection creates a barrier between the carpet fiber and whatever nasty spill happens to come into contact with it. These protectors, whether from the factory or applied by a certified carpet cleaning technician, allow the homeowner some time between the actual spill and development of a permanent stain.
The carpet in your home represents a significant investment, and it will last a long time if taken care of. Your carpet's manufacturer often requires periodic professional carpet cleaning in order to maintain your warranty. Your Omaha carpet cleaning experts at Specialists Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning strongly recommend the application of carpet protector as an another important part of protecting your investment.